We see a lot of recommendations on how to try to avoid getting coronavirus. What we have NOT seen is advice for what happens if you are infected by the virus, which many of us will. So, here are some suggestions:
If you get infected by COVID-19
You want to prepare as though you know you’re going to get a nasty respiratory bug, like bronchitis or pneumonia. You have the foresight to know it might come your way!
Things you should buy ahead of time:
Whatever your generic, mucus thinning cough medicine of choice is check the label and make sure you’re not doubling up on Paracetamol.
• Honey and lemon can work just as well!
• Vicks vapo rub for your chest is also a great suggestion.
• A humidifier would be a good thing to buy and use in your room when you go to bed at night. You can also turn the shower on hot and sit in the bathroom breathing in the steam.
• If you have a history of asthma and you have a prescription inhaler, make sure the one you have isn’t expired and refill it/get a new one if necessary.
• This is also a good time to meal prep: make a big batch of your favourite soup to freeze and have on hand.
• Hydrate (drink!) hydrate, hydrate! Stock up on whatever your favourite clear fluids are to drink – though tap water is fine you may appreciate some variety.
• For symptom management and a fever over 38°c, take Paracetamol rather than Ibuprofen.
• Rest, rest and more rest! You should not be leaving your house! Even if you are feeling better you may still be infectious for fourteen days and older people and those with existing health conditions should be avoided.
• Wear gloves and a mask to avoid contaminating others in your house.
• Isolate in your bedroom if not living alone, ask friends and family to leave supplies outside to avoid contact.
• Sanitize your bed linen and clothes frequently by washing and clean your bathroom with recommended sanitizers/detergents.
You DO NOT NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL unless you are having trouble breathing or your fever is very high (over 39°C) and unmanaged with meds.
90% of healthy adult cases thus far have been managed at home with basic rest/hydration/over-the-counter meds.
If you have a pre-existing lung condition (COPD, emphysema, lung cancer) or are on immunosuppressants, now is a great time to talk to your Doctor or specialist about what they would like you to do if you get sick.
One major relief to parents is that kids do VERY well with coronavirus— they usually bounce back in a few days (but they will still be infectious) just use paediatric dosing .
Be calm and prepare rationally and everything will be fine.
This is to inform us all that the pH for corona virus varies from 5.5 to 8.5.
All we need to do, to beat corona virus, we need to take more of an alkaline foods that are above the pH level of the Virus.
Some of which are:
Lemon – 9.9pH
Lime – 8.2pH
Avocado – 15.6pH
Garlic – 13.2pH
Mango – 8.7pH
Tangerine – 8.5pH
Pineapple – 12.7pH
Dandelion – 22.7pH
Orange – 9.2pH
How do you know you have coronavirus?
1. Itching in the throat
2. Dry throat
3. Dry cough
4. High temperature
5. Shortness of breath
So where you notice these things quickly take warm water with lemon and drink.
Stay safe and hydrated!