Anticipation grows in the City of Lauderdale Lakes for its May 17th – 19th signature cultural event weekend, Unifest. This celebration of Caribbean Culture is celebrating 25 years, and is guaranteed to whisk you away to the islands. Organizers are in full production mode as they ready Vincent Torres Park for a complete experience of Caribbean immersion through music and culture.
The Greater Caribbean-American Cultural Coalition along with its partners, The City of Lauderdale Lakes and the Greater Caribbean-American Chamber of Commerce invite the residents of Broward County and beyond to celebrate 25 years of bridging cultures through music, food, family activities while connecting local businesses with patrons they serve.
Friday, May 17th – Venue: Lauderdale Lakes City Hall, Multi-purpose Building – (4340 NW 36th Street – Lauderdale Lakes, FL. 33319)
- 2 morning motivational workshops at 9am -1pm, – Free
- UNIFEST Business Mixer and Sponsor reception at 6:30pm – 10pm – Free
- Much anticipated TEEN Talent Explosion featuring the 2019 TEEN Sensation Finals – Tickets $10
Saturday, May 18th
- Farmer’s Market – 8am – 2pm at the Lauderdale Lakes Community Garden – (4340 NW 36th Street – Lauderdale Lakes)
- Sports Explosion, UNIFEST youth sports day featuring basketball, baseball and netball – 10am – 2pm at the Lauderdale Lakes Vincent Torres Park – (4331 NW 36th Street – Lauderdale Lakes)
Sunday, May 19th – Venue: Vincent Torres Park
- UNIFEST25 Celebration – $20 At the gate – $12 Pre-Sold – $50 VIP Experience
- Live Concert featuring Sanchez, Etana, Code Red Band, Culture, Leon Coldero and 868 Band among others.
- Festival activities – Battle of the marching bands, Parade of Nations, Haitian Flag Day, Food
- Kids Zone
- VIP Experience
For more information on the UNIFEST25 Experience visit www.unifestlive.org. Tickets are available at local ticket outlets